Gabala & Shamakhi Tour
Azerbaijan is a land of mystery and beauty, and there is no better way to explore it than on this full-day tour of Gabala and Shamakhi!
Gabala is a provincial holiday center that is home to a number of hotels and a ski resort. Shamakhi, the first capital city of Azerbaijan, is also home to the Juma Mosque, the first mosque in all of the Caucasus. This tour will give you the opportunity to see some of the most beautiful scenery in Azerbaijan while also learning about its rich history and culture. So join us on this once-in-a-lifetime journey and discover the hidden gems of Azerbaijan!
This tour starts in Shamakhi, Azerbaijan – a magical place. And we’re not just saying that because it’s Azerbaijan’s first capital city! Shamakhi is a special place with a long history dating back to the 8th century. The first mosque in the Caucasus and Azerbaijan, the Juma Mosque, is located here. Next, we’ll take you to Gabala, Azerbaijan’s top provincial holiday center. There you’ll find flashy new hotels and a burgeoning ski resort spread up into the foothills of some glorious forested mountains. Here is where you can find some of the best skiing in Azerbaijan! And that’s not all! We’ll also take you to see Nohur Lake, one of the four biggest lakes in Azerbaijan. At the lake, you’ll get a chance to relax and take in the stunning scenery. Walk around the surrounding forest or float down the lake in a rowboat — it’s up to you!
This is an unforgettable experience during your travels to Baku Azerbaijan that you won’t want to miss.
So what are you waiting for? Gabala & Shamakhi await!
- We’ll start this full-day tour with a complimentary pick-up in a chauffeured vehicle from your hotel in Baku. From there, we’ll drive to Shamakhi, Azerbaijan – the first capital city of Azerbaijan.
- Upon arrival in Shamakhi, we’ll take a walking tour of the city where you’ll learn about its rich history and see some of its most famous landmarks, including the Juma Mosque – the first mosque in all of the Caucasus.
- Stop at Maraza village, where you’ll have the opportunity to visit Sufi Dervish Mausoleum “Diri Baba” if you’d like. (Optional)
- Head to Gabala, Azerbaijan’s top provincial holiday center. There you’ll find a ski resort nestled in the foothills of the gorgeous Caucasus mountains. We’ll also take you to see Nohur Lake, one of the four biggest lakes in Azerbaijan.
- Afterwards, we’ll take a drive to Gabala, Azerbaijan’s top provincial holiday center. There you’ll find new hotels and a ski resort spread up into the foothills of some glorious forested mountains.
- In Gabala, we’ll have lunch at a local forest restaurant where you’ll be able to try some of Azerbaijan’s delicious traditional cuisine!
- After lunch in Gabala, we’ll take you to see Nohurgul Lake, one of the four biggest lakes in Azerbaijan. At the lake, you’ll get a chance to relax and take in the stunning scenery in the surrounding forest or sail down the lake in a boat.
- Next stop: Yeddi Gozel Waterfall or “Seven Beauties Waterfall”. This majestic waterfall is located 4 km away from the center of Gabala city, in the village of Vandam. The waterfall is 18 meters high and 20-25 meters wide!
- The last stop on our tour will be at Tufandag Ski Resort, where you can take a cable car ride to the top of the mountain (optional) and enjoy the views of Alpine scenery behind Gabala! The views are stunning any time of year.
- We’ll head back to Baku, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
- The tour is suitable for children of all ages, and children under 3 are free.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select hotels in Baku is included in this tour and will be arranged after booking.
- To ensure an on-time start, please be ready and waiting in your lobby 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- The tour might be multilingual: English and other language guides available
- Travelers on this tour are recommended to bring warm clothes for the Tufandag mountain cable car tour, as well as comfortable shoes for the walking tour in Shamakhi.